The surgical cutting of a nerve to produce sensory loss and relief of pain or to suppress involuntary movements.
- ‘The apparatus is especially suited for use with and during the radial optic neurotomy procedure.’
- ‘If the pain does recur, a second neurotomy can be performed, and similar results will usually be achieved.’
- ‘A facet neurotomy involves destroying the nerves that relay pain messages from the facet joints.’
- ‘The info I have read on presacral neurotomy seems to show it is most effective for pain in the mid pelvic region.’
- ‘This tissue hypo-oxygenation was significantly reduced in sections from sildenafil treated rats at 1 and 5 days after neurotomy, while at 10 days this reduction was less evident and not significant.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.