One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgery performed on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘Heparin also is used to treat arterial and venous clotting and prevent formation of venous clots in patients who require neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery and in trauma cases.’
- ‘In this unit, care is primarily provided for all surgical patients except those who have undergone cardiac surgery or neurosurgery.’
- ‘Autopsy rates were the highest for fetal and pediatric deaths, and the lowest for neurology / neurosurgery and general surgery deaths.’
- ‘Up to 7,500 patients have already been treated, some of them going to the North or Britain for procedures including neurosurgery and plastic surgery.’
- ‘These techniques sometimes require the input of other surgical disciplines such as neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.