Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgery performed on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘Heparin also is used to treat arterial and venous clotting and prevent formation of venous clots in patients who require neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery and in trauma cases.’
- ‘Autopsy rates were the highest for fetal and pediatric deaths, and the lowest for neurology / neurosurgery and general surgery deaths.’
- ‘These techniques sometimes require the input of other surgical disciplines such as neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery.’
- ‘Up to 7,500 patients have already been treated, some of them going to the North or Britain for procedures including neurosurgery and plastic surgery.’
- ‘In this unit, care is primarily provided for all surgical patients except those who have undergone cardiac surgery or neurosurgery.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.