Surgery performed on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘Autopsy rates were the highest for fetal and pediatric deaths, and the lowest for neurology / neurosurgery and general surgery deaths.’
- ‘These techniques sometimes require the input of other surgical disciplines such as neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery.’
- ‘Up to 7,500 patients have already been treated, some of them going to the North or Britain for procedures including neurosurgery and plastic surgery.’
- ‘In this unit, care is primarily provided for all surgical patients except those who have undergone cardiac surgery or neurosurgery.’
- ‘Heparin also is used to treat arterial and venous clotting and prevent formation of venous clots in patients who require neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery and in trauma cases.’