One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any or all of the sciences, such as neurochemistry and experimental psychology, which deal with the structure or function of the nervous system and brain.
- ‘This Institute brings together for the first time the basic neurosciences with psychiatry and neurology to investigate the fundamental neuronal basis of mental illness.’
- ‘Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.’
- ‘The scientific study of the brain and nervous system is called neuroscience or neurobiology.’
- ‘Some of the problems that we've been dealing with in the neurosciences and the cognitive sciences concerns the initial state of the organism.’
- ‘Following regionalization, Capital Health employed her as program director of cardiac sciences and neurosciences at UAH and Royal Alexandra Hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.