Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Psychiatry relating mental or emotional disturbance to disordered brain function.
- ‘As you'll hear later, the development of psychosurgery, and the debate surrounding it, have been a close companion to the evolution of neuropsychiatry.’
- ‘It is the function of the growing speciality of neuropsychiatry to investigate the psychiatric effects of disorders that have a neurological function or structure.’
- ‘During that era, many medical professionals and the general public considered neuropsychiatry to be almost synonymous with biological psychiatry.’
- ‘In children's mental health, this has resulted in the creation of not only new diagnostic categories but whole new classes of disorder such as developmental neuropsychiatry.’
- ‘The field of neuropsychiatry has undergone tremendous growth over the past few decades.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.