One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Psychiatry relating mental or emotional disturbance to disordered brain function.
- ‘It is the function of the growing speciality of neuropsychiatry to investigate the psychiatric effects of disorders that have a neurological function or structure.’
- ‘During that era, many medical professionals and the general public considered neuropsychiatry to be almost synonymous with biological psychiatry.’
- ‘As you'll hear later, the development of psychosurgery, and the debate surrounding it, have been a close companion to the evolution of neuropsychiatry.’
- ‘The field of neuropsychiatry has undergone tremendous growth over the past few decades.’
- ‘In children's mental health, this has resulted in the creation of not only new diagnostic categories but whole new classes of disorder such as developmental neuropsychiatry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.