Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Disease or dysfunction of one or more peripheral nerves, typically causing numbness or weakness.
- ‘In other words, aspartame disease can simulate diabetic retinopathy or peripheral neuropathy.’
- ‘This includes assessment of infection, neuropathy and peripheral vascular disease.’
- ‘If diabetic neuropathy has damaged the nerves in your legs and feet, you may not be able to feel pain in those parts of your body.’
- ‘Assessing the lower limbs for peripheral neuropathy and vascular disease also is important.’
- ‘Other potential causes of peripheral neuropathy were excluded before attributing the peripheral neuropathy to diabetes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.