Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Disease or dysfunction of one or more peripheral nerves, typically causing numbness or weakness.
- ‘Assessing the lower limbs for peripheral neuropathy and vascular disease also is important.’
- ‘Other potential causes of peripheral neuropathy were excluded before attributing the peripheral neuropathy to diabetes.’
- ‘In other words, aspartame disease can simulate diabetic retinopathy or peripheral neuropathy.’
- ‘This includes assessment of infection, neuropathy and peripheral vascular disease.’
- ‘If diabetic neuropathy has damaged the nerves in your legs and feet, you may not be able to feel pain in those parts of your body.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.