The branch of medicine or biology that deals with the anatomy, functions, and organic disorders of nerves and the nervous system.
- ‘Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.’
- ‘In retirement he and Pauline worked diligently to further medical education in dermatology and neurology in Russia.’
- ‘After training in neurology and ophthalmology he settled on a career in neurophysiology.’
- ‘The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.’
- ‘Few men left such an enduring and lasting impression on medicine and neurology.’
Late 17th century: from modern Latin neurologia, from neuro- + -logy.