One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The growth and development of nervous tissue.
- ‘Matus begins by noting that during brain development, neurogenesis proceeds in a number of distinct stages.’
- ‘While most researchers agree that new neurons are generated in the adult hippocampus and olfactory bulb, the existence of adult neurogenesis in other brain regions remains controversial.’
- ‘Alterations in serotonin levels, enhanced glutamate release, or inhibition of neurogenesis may be important factors in the central nervous system effects of corticosteroids.’
- ‘One may be by the generation of proteins that facilitate synaptogenesis, neurogenesis, and stem cell differentiation into new tissues.’
- ‘Subsequent studies found that exercise also triggers neurogenesis (new cell growth in the brain), which improves learning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.