Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The growth and development of nervous tissue.
- ‘Alterations in serotonin levels, enhanced glutamate release, or inhibition of neurogenesis may be important factors in the central nervous system effects of corticosteroids.’
- ‘Matus begins by noting that during brain development, neurogenesis proceeds in a number of distinct stages.’
- ‘While most researchers agree that new neurons are generated in the adult hippocampus and olfactory bulb, the existence of adult neurogenesis in other brain regions remains controversial.’
- ‘One may be by the generation of proteins that facilitate synaptogenesis, neurogenesis, and stem cell differentiation into new tissues.’
- ‘Subsequent studies found that exercise also triggers neurogenesis (new cell growth in the brain), which improves learning.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.