Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease in which neurofibromas form throughout the body.Also called von recklinghausen's disease
- ‘The skin must be examined for signs of neurocutaneous syndrome, particularly neurofibromatosis and tuberous sclerosis, which are highly associated with intracranial neoplasms.’
- ‘Examples of autosomal dominant single gene disorders include: Marfan syndrome, achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, and retinitis pigmentosa.’
- ‘The neurocutaneous syndromes, including neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and von Hippel-Landau disease, are associated with an increased risk of brain tumors.’
- ‘In humans, epilepsy is often one of a set of symptoms found in people with diseases such as cerebral palsy, neurofibromatosis, autism, tuberous sclerosis, and Landau-Kleffner syndrome.’
- ‘Also at risk of glaucoma are children with neurofibromatosis and Sturge-Weber syndrome.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.