One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fibril in the cytoplasm of a nerve cell, visible by light microscopy.
- ‘Bundles of these neurofibrils are called neurofilaments.’
- ‘The argyrophilic neurofibrils are unique to nerve cells.’
- ‘The neurofibrils provide internal support within the neuron and there are also support cells associated with the axon.’
- ‘Silver stains show the Nissl granules occur in spaces surround by a tightly woven meshwork of neurofibrils.’
- ‘As we age, most of us will develop alterations of neurofibrils in at least some of our neurons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.