A fibril in the cytoplasm of a nerve cell, visible by light microscopy.
- ‘The argyrophilic neurofibrils are unique to nerve cells.’
- ‘Silver stains show the Nissl granules occur in spaces surround by a tightly woven meshwork of neurofibrils.’
- ‘As we age, most of us will develop alterations of neurofibrils in at least some of our neurons.’
- ‘Bundles of these neurofibrils are called neurofilaments.’
- ‘The neurofibrils provide internal support within the neuron and there are also support cells associated with the axon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.