One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The combination of economics, neuroscience, and psychology used to determine how individuals make economic decisions.
- ‘However, recent advances in "neuroeconomics" are providing insights into the way that our brains process different kinds of reward.’
- ‘The fascinatingly destratifying potential in neuroeconomics, then (from a survey of which all my neurology data is taken) lies in the possibility of using it against its ostensible purposes.’
- ‘A second underlying focus of this Theme Area relates to the emergence of the subfield of neuroeconomics.’
- ‘The study of neuroeconomics may topple the notion of rational decision-making’
- ‘While caution is warranted, it is surely too soon to write off neuroeconomics entirely.’
- ‘Both neuroeconomics and behavioral economics seem to face a common problem: The smart money, such as Warren E. Buffett, may not think or behave like typical market participants.’
- ‘Current research project explores the social dimensions of emerging knowledge in Neuroscience with a focus on the fields of neuroeconomics, neuromarketing, and addiction pharmacology.’
- ‘By linking economic behavior to brain activity, however, neuroeconomics may finally supply the model that knocks mainstream economics off its throne.’
- ‘Clearly, behavioral economics and its newest child, neuroeconomics, have very bright futures.’
- ‘According to the new science of neuroeconomics, the explanation might lie inside the brains of the negotiators.’
- ‘Pioneers in neuroeconomics believe the key to understanding economic behavior lies deep in the brain, at the level of cells and synapses.’
- ‘Someone may get a prize for neuroeconomics someday, which involves scanning people's brains with an MRI as they make economic choices.’
- ‘The fields of applied neuroeconomics, neuromarketing and neurofinance have executives wide awake and on the edge of their seats.’
- ‘It is also hard to point to anything terribly interesting that the neuroeconomists have discovered, although neuroeconomics may contribute more as time goes by.’
- ‘So why is neuroeconomics so exciting?’
- ‘The most controversial aspect of neuroeconomics is what to do with its findings.’
- ‘Even believers in neuroeconomics aren't sure just how far to take it.’
- ‘Though neurofinance is still in its infancy, its ancestors and cousins include behavioral finance, behavioral economics, behavioral game theory, and neuroeconomics.’
- ‘Organizations and Markets has a summary of bounded rationality and paternalism that was inspired by this article on neuroeconomics.’
- ‘Such rapid strides have been made in neuroscience in the last decade that there is talk of new disciplines such as neuroaesthetics, neuroethics, neuroeconomics, neurophilosophy, neuroepistemology - even neurotheology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.