One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An embryonic cell from which nerve fibers originate.
- ‘Only one cell of the cluster finally gives rise to a neuroblast because of lateral inhibition, involving the Notch receptor protein and its ligand Delta, which prevents other cells developing as neuroblasts.’
- ‘Implantation of dopaminergic neuroblasts, from embryos, which are already committed by fate into the brains of patients with Parkinson's disease has yielded promising results, including clinical improvement in some patients.’
- ‘Neuroblastomas represent a spectrum of differentiation of primitive neuroblasts into mature ganglion cells.’
- ‘Shortly after gastrulation, lig mRNA was present in the germ band at relatively low levels; expression increased markedly from stage 9, at which neuroblasts delaminate from the ectoderm.’
- ‘The esg gene is normally expressed in embryonic neuroblasts and contributes to central nervous system development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.