Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The biology of the nervous system.
- ‘The GAD vaccine originated at UCLA from an unexpected convergence of studies in neurobiology and immunology.’
- ‘As a result, N. vectensis is widely used to study developmental biology, neurobiology and physiology.’
- ‘The importance of neurobiology in the motor functions of the gut has led to the introduction of the term ‘neurogastroenterology’ to denote the subject.’
- ‘The evolution of all the organisms that live on Earth today from ancestors that lived in the past is at the core of genetics, biochemistry, neurobiology, physiology, ecology, and other biological disciplines.’
- ‘In 1967, embryology, invertebrate zoology, neurobiology, and physiology were the major summer courses of the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.