Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The anatomy of the nervous system.
- ‘Together they made significant contributions to the study of abdominal and pelvic viscera, vascular anatomy, and neuroanatomy.’
- ‘The second chapter provides an introduction to clinical neuroanatomy where Pliszka seeks to make neuroanatomy simple, without being simplistic.’
- ‘There are a plethora of textbooks on neuroanatomy, neuroscience, neurochemistry, physiological psychology, neurology, and psychopharmacology.’
- ‘Extrapolation of some physiologic data may be valid, but with the differing anatomy, neuroanatomy, and hormonal milieu of each gender, physiologic differences outweigh the similarities.’
- ‘The dominant tradition in psychiatry espouses an individualistic and reductionist outlook, seeking to explain mental illness in terms of neuroanatomy or neurophysiology, genetics or, more recently, cognitive neuroscience.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.