One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of all or part of a nerve.
- ‘Of 42 patients with Ménière's disease about to undergo neurectomy of the vestibular nerve, 14 had hyperprolactinaemia and all six who were investigated further turned out to have a prolactinoma.’
- ‘Laparoscopic uterine nerve ablation and presacral neurectomy also have been used in refractory cases.’
- ‘Besides uncertainty over whether lesions should be excised or ablated by a variety of techniques, the contribution of adjunctive presacral neurectomy or uterosacral nerve ablation-transection is unclear.’
- ‘She had a laparotomy for resection of bilateral ovarian endometriomas, resection and fulguration of peritoneal implants, and presacral neurectomy.’
- ‘Peripheral neurectomy, peripheral and ganglionic alcohol blocks, and cryotherapy have not proven as efficacious as other procedures and, therefore, will not be discussed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.