One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intense, typically intermittent pain along the course of a nerve, especially in the head or face.
sore head, migraineView synonyms
- ‘Neuronal inflammation and necrosis leads to severe pain or postherpetic neuralgia, which increases as the infection travels down the nerve.’
- ‘Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.’
- ‘In patients older than 50 years, valacyclovir decreases the duration of acute pain and post-herpetic neuralgia compared with acyclovir.’
- ‘Because it affects pain receptors, capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical creams and ointments to treat the pain of arthritis, neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘The most common chronic complication of herpes zoster is postherpetic neuralgia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.