One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intense, typically intermittent pain along the course of a nerve, especially in the head or face.
sore head, migraineView synonyms
- ‘Because it affects pain receptors, capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical creams and ointments to treat the pain of arthritis, neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.’
- ‘In patients older than 50 years, valacyclovir decreases the duration of acute pain and post-herpetic neuralgia compared with acyclovir.’
- ‘The most common chronic complication of herpes zoster is postherpetic neuralgia.’
- ‘Neuronal inflammation and necrosis leads to severe pain or postherpetic neuralgia, which increases as the infection travels down the nerve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.