One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Old World tree related to the hackberries, with a straight, silvery-gray trunk and rough, toothed, nettlelike leaves.
- ‘While passing beneath the leafy nettle trees of the garden, don't forget to admire the Unicorn fountain sculptured by Etienne d' Antoine.’
- ‘Watch out for nettle trees, especially in the vicinity of the Power Wall.’
- ‘Zelkova trees and nettle trees, which are a few hundred years old, are regarded as natural monuments.’
- ‘The several-hundred-year-old zelkova trees and nettle trees standing in the middle of the village are designated as natural monuments.’
- ‘The natural cycle of nettle trees succeeding the broadleaved temperate evergreens, followed by shade trees such as the bush cinnamon and tabu-tree, is wonderfully evident.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.