One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goaltender.‘the puck might go between the netminder's pads’
- ‘We were supposed to have the best goaltender at the tournament, and yet their netminder played considerably better than ours.’
- ‘A stand-up goalie with a lightning quick glove, Osgood is as skillful as any other netminder in the league.’
- ‘However, the visitors' netminder, Neil O'Connor, produced a fine save.’
- ‘Ray Barry's free kick from the right found the head of the unchallenged Seamus Keating and his powerful header gave the Red Star netminder Tom Ryan no chance at all.’
- ‘The former Blues netminder loses out on a chance to win the Stanley Cup in the foreseeable future, however.’
- ‘When the Wheat Kings traded to bring in a veteran netminder, it left them with three goaltenders, including two rookies.’
- ‘However, in the final minute of the contest, a moment of madness that could happen to any player happened to the unfortunate netminder.’
- ‘Gouthro's shutout was the first blanking of an opponent by a Waterloo netminder in over three years.’
- ‘The Mighty Ducks evened their series in Calgary by getting in alone several times on Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff.’
- ‘He cut into the penalty area but his right-footed effort was brilliantly blocked by the Hibernians netminder Josh Byrnes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.