One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small laptop computer designed primarily for accessing Internet-based applications.
- ‘For half the price of a regular laptop, you can buy an ultra portable, ultra small netbook that does the job nicely.’
- ‘This sort of netbook was clearly different from a notebook PC.’
- ‘And if you want the capability of a netbook, nothing stops you from carrying your own screen and keyboard.’
- ‘My overall impression of the move is derived from the recent discussions of the netbook.’
- ‘We did notice, however, that the left hand size of the system heated up during our regular usage of the netbook.’
- ‘The rise of the netbook - affordable ultra-portable laptops - over the last eighteen months has been fascinating to watch.’
- ‘By late 2008, netbooks had begun to take market share away from laptops.’
- ‘With the pattern of exclusive deals extending to new netbooks, smaller companies warn that mobile Web access could be tied up entirely.’
- ‘Intel has provided an early development preview of the Moblin 2.1 operating system, which we briefly tested out on a Samsung NC10 netbook.’
- ‘Acer made up significant ground on general laptop leaders HP and Dell with its own netbook this year.’
- ‘The MacBook Air ditched the optical drive, and nearly all netbooks have too.’
- ‘Larger than your average netbook, the S12 provides average performance at a fairly high netbook price.’
- ‘There is complete cacophony on what is a netbook versus a notebook.’
- ‘This time the netbook appears to have been repaired successfully.’
- ‘Best of all, the company claims, the program will even be suitable for low-powered netbooks.’
- ‘Now even Hewlett-Packard offers a netbook or two.’
- ‘Nine of the top ten selling notebooks on Amazon right now are netbooks.’
- ‘One of the gists was that netbooks are killing the average sales prices (ASP) of PCs.’
- ‘How broad the market for netbooks will eventually become depends on who wins the race.’
- ‘Currently about 85 percent of the sales of netbooks are in mature markets, Eden said.’
Early 21st century: blend of Internet and notebook.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.