One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A country that exports more than it imports.‘Malaysia is a net exporter of crude petroleum and natural gas’
- ‘We have a trade surplus in services, we are a net exporter of services.’
- ‘Russia, Canada, and Saudi Arabia can leave the list, as they are net exporters of oil and thus do not actually require a strategic reserve, at least in the short term.’
- ‘Some economists predict that within 20 years America may no longer be a net exporter.’
- ‘As an net exporter of oil we benefit from the higher prices Americans pay for our exports.’
- ‘Eventually, he hoped Ireland would be able to meet excess demand in Europe and become a net exporter of electricity.’
- ‘Peru is a net exporter of raw materials and unfinished products and a net importer of manufactured products.’
- ‘The country is the largest net exporter of beef in the Northern Hemisphere.’
- ‘The industry sends most of what it produces abroad - making it one in a select group of net exporters in Canada.’
- ‘They soon became net exporters of capital as profits were transferred to parent companies.’
- ‘New Zealand is becoming a net exporter of rugby talent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.