One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of a mutual fund that is reached by deducting the fund's liabilities from the market value of all of its shares and then dividing by the number of issued shares.
- ‘You can always redeem your shares at the fund's net asset value.’
- ‘A company's book value is its net asset value minus its intangible assets, current liabilities, long-term debt and equity issues.’
- ‘In a difficult five-year period for the markets, all three funds have seen their net asset value and share price trounce the benchmarks.’
- ‘Still, mortgage funds can be attractive for income-oriented investors who are willing to ride out the ups and downs in the funds' net asset values.’
- ‘Shares have more than doubled over the past 12 months, though still trading below the net asset value per share.’
- ‘However, at 461p its shares are priced at a 15% premium to its latest net asset value.’
- ‘A lot of investors believe that book value, or net asset value, offers a fairly precise and unbiased valuation metric.’
- ‘As stock, bonds, and other security prices move up or down in price, the net asset value of a fund changes, too.’
- ‘The fee adviser has access to no-load mutual funds and load mutual funds at net asset value.’
- ‘That net asset value is made up of the company's total property portfolio minus the value of its liabilities.’
- ‘Investment trusts are vulnerable to vulture funds because they are also quoted companies and most of their share prices lag their net asset values.’
- ‘A mutual fund's net asset value gives investors the total value of the fund's portfolio less liabilities, but how do you know if one fund is better than another?’
- ‘Management expense ratios are calculated by dividing the on-going costs of the mutual fund by the fund's net asset value.’
- ‘Embedded value, used instead of a price-to-earnings ratio to calculate net worth, reflects both net asset value and the value of a company's business.’
- ‘That's because mutual fund shareholders get a price, called net asset value, or the value of one share in the fund, that is calculated at the end of the trading day.’
- ‘Most funds calculate their net asset values at 4 p.m. EST each business day.’
- ‘When I call up a chart of a mutual fund's net asset value at an Internet site, does it show the impact of sales charges?’
- ‘As in a mutual fund, the net asset value is known on a daily basis.’
- ‘Data in respect of the net asset value of the funds would be provided periodically.’
- ‘Scottish Mortgage will continue buying back its shares to try and enhance the fund's net asset value.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.