One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘It was neither Nestorian nor Orthodox Christians who managed the great penetration into the East.’
- ‘Those who remained outside Catholicism may not be exactly identified as Nestorians any more by this period, but had historical roots in that branch of Christianity, and were called Assyrians.’
- ‘But there is clear evidence that during this period Manichaeism from Persia and Nestorian Christianity from Constantinople had also penetrated into China.’
- ‘Wool, gold and silver made the return trip, along with Buddhism (which stuck) and Nestorian Christianity (which didn't).’
- ‘The rest of the Nestorians in the region continued to be called Assyrians…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.