One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or state of being nervous.‘there was a trace of nervousness in his voice’
worry, concern, apprehension, apprehensiveness, consternation, uneasiness, unease, fearfulness, fear, disquiet, disquietude, perturbation, fretfulness, agitation, angst, nerves, edginess, tension, tenseness, stress, misgiving, trepidation, foreboding, suspenseView synonyms
- ‘The nervousness and fear were still in his eyes, and he was beginning to shake and sweat.’
- ‘I frequently have a nervousness, bordering on fear, concerning lack of sleep.’
- ‘I had been excited, but it wore away to anxiety and nervousness as the time grew near.’
- ‘All her nervousness and apprehension died away and she took another sip of her drink.’
- ‘I have to confess to a certain nervousness in using it, due to anxiety about what to do with all of the time that it saves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.