One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a genteel nerviness about this big, bendy-nosed bloke in the Norwich City football shirt, slacks and comfy brown brogues.’
- ‘If the name rings no bell, it may be only that he works far from such centers of nerviness as Wall Street, Hollywood, or Silicon Valley.’
- ‘Robinson competently conveys nerviness, anger and frustration, but the ultimate despair his character must feel doesn't quite register.’
- ‘She epitomised the abrasive nerviness of pre-Hitler Berlin.’
- ‘There is no doubt that we Celtic fans remain twitchy about our team - and, in all honesty, that edginess and nerviness will take some budging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.