One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She epitomised the abrasive nerviness of pre-Hitler Berlin.’
- ‘There's a genteel nerviness about this big, bendy-nosed bloke in the Norwich City football shirt, slacks and comfy brown brogues.’
- ‘There is no doubt that we Celtic fans remain twitchy about our team - and, in all honesty, that edginess and nerviness will take some budging.’
- ‘If the name rings no bell, it may be only that he works far from such centers of nerviness as Wall Street, Hollywood, or Silicon Valley.’
- ‘Robinson competently conveys nerviness, anger and frustration, but the ultimate despair his character must feel doesn't quite register.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.