Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The main stem of a nerve.
- ‘The nerve trunk is ensheathed in turn by the epineurium.’
- ‘Grossly, it was found to arise from a peripheral nerve trunk, which was swollen.’
- ‘Infrequently, the long thoracic nerve does not pass through scalenus medius and the nerve trunk is formed over the first rib.’
- ‘Adjacent to the vertebral body, the abdominal aorta, inferior vena cave, sympathetic nerve trunk, and the left renal vein are seen.’
- ‘In order for these nerve fibers to get to their proper end-point, the bundle of nerves fibers leave the inappropriate trunk and join the proper nerve trunk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.