Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The main stem of a nerve.
- ‘Adjacent to the vertebral body, the abdominal aorta, inferior vena cave, sympathetic nerve trunk, and the left renal vein are seen.’
- ‘Grossly, it was found to arise from a peripheral nerve trunk, which was swollen.’
- ‘In order for these nerve fibers to get to their proper end-point, the bundle of nerves fibers leave the inappropriate trunk and join the proper nerve trunk.’
- ‘The nerve trunk is ensheathed in turn by the epineurium.’
- ‘Infrequently, the long thoracic nerve does not pass through scalenus medius and the nerve trunk is formed over the first rib.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.