One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The major cord of nerve fibers running the length of an animal's body, especially a ventral cord in invertebrates that connects segmental nerve ganglia.
- ‘The neural arches developed around the dorsal nerve cord, above the notochord.’
- ‘This is in contrast to organisms such as annelids and arthropods, in which the main nerve cord is ventral.’
- ‘In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.’
- ‘Other cell bodies in the ventral nerve cord were also observed to occasionally express GFP.’
- ‘The nerve ring and the nerve bundles that connect the nerve ring and the ventral nerve cord had dots of very faint staining.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.