One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of insensibility in a part of the body by injecting an anesthetic close to the nerves that supply it.
- ‘In addition to medications, modalities to consider include transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation, biofeedback and nerve blocks.’
- ‘The side effects and complications that may occur with sympathetic nerve blocks are noted in Table 7.’
- ‘The nurse instructs the patient to take pain medication before the peripheral nerve block wears off and before he or she can feel pain.’
- ‘If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.’
- ‘An anesthesiologist usually is the physician performing the sympathetic nerve block and managing the patient's pain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.