Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production of insensibility in a part of the body by injecting an anesthetic close to the nerves that supply it.
- ‘The side effects and complications that may occur with sympathetic nerve blocks are noted in Table 7.’
- ‘If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.’
- ‘In addition to medications, modalities to consider include transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation, biofeedback and nerve blocks.’
- ‘An anesthesiologist usually is the physician performing the sympathetic nerve block and managing the patient's pain.’
- ‘The nurse instructs the patient to take pain medication before the peripheral nerve block wears off and before he or she can feel pain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.