One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounGeology
- ‘In its most extreme form, the Neptunists said that all rocks - even granites - are produced from the sea.’
- ‘If you had been a Neptunist, would this evidence have persuaded you to renounce Neptunism?’
- ‘These developments led to the eventual rise of the Neptunist school, which advocated precipitation from a primeval ocean to produce the ancient crystalline rocks.’
- ‘The Neptunists and the Vulcanists held clashing theories of geological origins through flood or fire.’
- ‘Through careful scientific observation, Hutton realised that the Neptunist view could not be true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.