One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys.
- ‘He was widely published and notable for his extensive collaboration across different specialties as diverse as nephrology, neurology, and cardiothoracic surgery.’
- ‘Prevention of end stage renal failure is the main goal of nephrology owing to the high morbidity and mortality from dialysis and transplantation.’
- ‘Adding another element to the equation, my two cousins on my mom's side both live in Seattle, Washington, a place with good pediatric nephrology and a reasonable place for my mom to move to.’
- ‘Dr. Silverberg completed residencies in internal medicine and nephrology at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.’
- ‘Dr Kelvin Ho, a specialist in nephrology, says that one-quarter of his patients have been taking Myfortic since its introduction and the results are positive so far.’
- ‘The rapidly expanding group of older nephrology patients is a positive reflection of recent developments in medical care and offers an opportunity to establish links between nephrology and geriatric medicine.’
- ‘Dr. Oakley is a clinical pharmacologist and currently works as a specialist in internal medicine and a consultant in nephrology.’
- ‘The board have earmarked neurology for Sligo and nephrology for Letterkenny.’
- ‘Undoubtedly one of nephrology's most celebrated patients, King was admitted to Guy's Hospital under Dr Bright on October 12, 1825.’
- ‘From January 1995 to December 1996, we investigated 114 men who presented consecutively to the departments of urology and nephrology with proved urinary tract infection.’
- ‘Coming from a man who has seen several kidneys in his lengthy tryst with the field of nephrology, the above statement is to be taken seriously.’
- ‘An annual gathering, the congress was a mix of plenary lectures, symposiums and lectures on general medical topics related to nephrology.’
- ‘So it can be very difficult if you're in a branch of medicine - oncology, nephrology - where many patients die.’
- ‘Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.’
- ‘General intensive care units, haematology, special care baby units, nephrology, and oncology had the highest incidence in both types of hospitals.’
- ‘Dr. Marinides is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology.’
- ‘After his return to the United States, Papper did a fellowship with Homer Smith, a founder of modern nephrology, and then, because of his interest in anaesthesiology, worked with Emery A Rovenstine at Bellevue Hospital in New York.’
- ‘Chief Nephrologist of K.G. Hospital, he was conferred the Vocational Excellence Award by the Rotary Club of Coimbatore North, in recognition of his contributions in the field of nephrology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.