One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of one or both of the kidneys.
- ‘Advanced surgical techniques now allow the donor nephrectomy to be performed through a laparoscope.’
- ‘Bilateral nephrectomy has been reported to ‘cure’ malignant hypertension in hemodialysis patients.’
- ‘A 39-year-old African American woman with a history of primary hyperoxaluria and recurrent nephrolithiasis underwent bilateral nephrectomies and consequently a combined kidney-liver transplantation as a means to cure her disease.’
- ‘A left nephrectomy was performed with the clinical diagnosis of a primary renal tumor due to the absence of any other masses in the extension study.’
- ‘The bilateral nephrectomies were performed for angiomyolipomas and renal cell carcinomas, and the pink papules were angiofibromas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.