A fine-grained basaltic rock containing nepheline in place of plagioclase feldspar.
- ‘The composition studied has very low albite and is classified as transitional between olivine nephelinite and nepheline-rich basanite.’
- ‘Another New Zealand locality for this type of nephelinite is in the Auckland Domain.’
- ‘Geochemically, the pyroxene nephelinite is highly enriched in LILE compared with the first one.’
- ‘Magma modelling showed that olivine nephelinite and basanite could form by different degrees of partial melting of the mantle source, with amphibole, garnet, olivine and clinopyroxene in the residuum.’
- ‘The lava flows within the pyroclasts are composed of nephelinite and phonolite.’