One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘There was an explosion going on, what with the Italian neo-realists and the French Nouvelle Vague.’
- ‘Even if there hasn't been a concentrated domestic movement in the vein of the Italian neo-realists or the current Taiwanese new wave, there's still plenty of alternative visions to savor.’
- ‘The Battle of Algiers is shot like a neo-realist film (much like a documentary) where non-actors and real-life participants are used.’
- ‘Close to the Italian neo-realists in style, Iranian cinema takes small events in insignificant lives and creates high drama.’
- ‘This talent again serves him well in Last Resort, a film which closer resembles the neo-realist productions of current Iranian cinema than it does much of Britain's output.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.