One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘the European Union banned the use of neonics on plants attractive to bees’short for neonicotinoid
- ‘Some lawn and garden retailers have cut the use of neonics.’
- ‘But still, this is the first large-scale field study to suggest a link between domestic bee troubles and a neonic.’
- ‘Each kind of neonic is licensed under several different names, making it difficult for users to know they even have a neonic in the formulation.’
- ‘The study also raises further doubt that using neonic pesticides boosts yields.’
- ‘Brown says there aren't a lot of studies that look at how long the toxicity of a neonic lingers.’
- ‘Local Authorities need to advertise to residents the facilities available for neonic disposal.’
- ‘Earthworms are critical for the health of soil yet they can also be affected by neonics, according to the study.’
- ‘A 2013 report done by the American Bird Conservancy found that a single neonic corn kernel can kill a songbird.’
- ‘The neonics were present on dead bees collected for study.’
- ‘A 2014 study found that 90 percent of honey tested positive for at least one neonic, and 50 percent contained at least two.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.