One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to newborn children (or other mammals).
- ‘The speciality of neonatal intensive care has developed over the past 30 years.’
- ‘High risk obstetrics and neonatal intensive care are high cost, low volume specialties.’
- ‘Infants are traditionally wrapped up well when they are transferred from the delivery suite to the neonatal intensive care unit.’
- ‘They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.’
- ‘The groups were comparable in all other measures of obstetric and neonatal outcome.’
- ‘However, modern neonatal intensive care does allow the survival of many premature babies that would have perished in the past.’
- ‘One of the major advances in neonatal respiratory care is the introduction of surfactant.’
- ‘She had no previous known liver disease, and her neonatal period and infancy were normal.’
- ‘Maternal and neonatal immunisation offer the best prospects for reducing vertical transmission.’
- ‘We carried out the study in a neonatal unit in the main tertiary neonatal referral centre for the south east of Scotland.’
- ‘In 2001 he invited a local magistrate to tour a neonatal intensive care ward on a normal day.’
- ‘Some concepts suggest an abnormality in Sertoli cells in the fetal or neonatal period.’
- ‘The team studied 150 preterm infants in neonatal intensive care units.’
- ‘Primary endpoints were neonatal respiratory distress syndrome and perinatal death.’
- ‘And few situations could be more fraught than pre-term or neonatal intensive care.’
- ‘A few months ago, a lovely 8 year old boy visited our neonatal intensive care unit with his parents.’
- ‘We explored the association between time to pregnancy and neonatal death in the Danish national birth cohort.’
- ‘A neonatal intensive care nurse will accompany the resident, as well as an intern.’
- ‘However, the incidence of neonatal sepsis is definitely cut down by these strategies.’
- ‘About two thirds of the perinatal deaths occurred in the early neonatal period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.