One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The view that the rate of increase of a population should be controlled.
- ‘Unlike The Dialectics of Nature, The Concept of Nature in Marx was scripted in the context of a neo-Malthusianism arguably as intellectually and politically pervasive as the idealism which Engels had struggled against.’
- ‘But probably the single most important reason neo-Malthusianism is so powerful in the US is because it resonates so well with domestic racism and sexism.’
- ‘Dualistic thinking, the separation of self and other and of subject and object, lies at the root of neo-Malthusianism.’
- ‘The majority of Brazilian social scientists, opponents of neo-Malthusianism, were against any type of presence of the State in the field of human reproduction.’
- ‘Its authors focus attention on three paradigms that have dominated research and interpretation in the past century: neo-Malthusianism; Marxism; and commercialization.’
- ‘His defeat in debate with W. H. Beveridge in 1923-24 and the phases of his subsequent recantation of neo-Malthusianism are then considered, as are his views on birth control.’
- ‘These kinds of ecology, these ideas of Malthusianism, as they're called, or neo-Malthusianism, are always incompetent.’
- ‘Topics include: ideas of nature; colonial and neo-colonial conservation; ecology in the atomic age; the tragedy of the commons; neo-Malthusianism; local knowledge and rationality; ecological resistance and agency; political ecology; gendered politics of development; planetary management and other global environmental discourses.’
- ‘The neo-Malthusianism is one of the indicators of this anomy.’
- ‘The decrease in workers' fertility in these countries corresponded to the geographical extension of neo-Malthusianism.’
- ‘Starting from a position which sees neo-Malthusianism as a dominant ideological analysis and approach to the global ecological crisis, she suggests that, ‘Like Malthus, contemporary Malthusian analysts who work within the population control paradigm advocate population stabilization as a substitute for social justice and political-economic transformation’.’
- ‘But the most sinister feature about neo-Malthusianism is the extent to which it actively deflects us from dealing with the social origins of our ecological problems - indeed, the extent to which it places the blame for them on the victims of hunger rather than those who victimize them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.