One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The view that the rate of increase of a population should be controlled.
- ‘Dualistic thinking, the separation of self and other and of subject and object, lies at the root of neo-Malthusianism.’
- ‘These kinds of ecology, these ideas of Malthusianism, as they're called, or neo-Malthusianism, are always incompetent.’
- ‘Starting from a position which sees neo-Malthusianism as a dominant ideological analysis and approach to the global ecological crisis, she suggests that, ‘Like Malthus, contemporary Malthusian analysts who work within the population control paradigm advocate population stabilization as a substitute for social justice and political-economic transformation’.’
- ‘Its authors focus attention on three paradigms that have dominated research and interpretation in the past century: neo-Malthusianism; Marxism; and commercialization.’
- ‘His defeat in debate with W. H. Beveridge in 1923-24 and the phases of his subsequent recantation of neo-Malthusianism are then considered, as are his views on birth control.’
- ‘Topics include: ideas of nature; colonial and neo-colonial conservation; ecology in the atomic age; the tragedy of the commons; neo-Malthusianism; local knowledge and rationality; ecological resistance and agency; political ecology; gendered politics of development; planetary management and other global environmental discourses.’
- ‘Unlike The Dialectics of Nature, The Concept of Nature in Marx was scripted in the context of a neo-Malthusianism arguably as intellectually and politically pervasive as the idealism which Engels had struggled against.’
- ‘The majority of Brazilian social scientists, opponents of neo-Malthusianism, were against any type of presence of the State in the field of human reproduction.’
- ‘But probably the single most important reason neo-Malthusianism is so powerful in the US is because it resonates so well with domestic racism and sexism.’
- ‘But the most sinister feature about neo-Malthusianism is the extent to which it actively deflects us from dealing with the social origins of our ecological problems - indeed, the extent to which it places the blame for them on the victims of hunger rather than those who victimize them.’
- ‘The neo-Malthusianism is one of the indicators of this anomy.’
- ‘The decrease in workers' fertility in these countries corresponded to the geographical extension of neo-Malthusianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.