One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant related to the snapdragon that is cultivated for its colorful, obliquely funnel-shaped flowers.
Genus Nemesia, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular N. strumosa and its hybrids
- ‘In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.’
- ‘Petunias, snapdragons and nemesia are good annuals to add in the fall.’
- ‘Small-flowered plants such as asters, coral bells, nemesia, and yarrow are great fillers.’
- ‘Low, mounding chamomile and creeping thymes grow between the nemesias.’
- ‘The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.’
Modern Latin, from Greek nemesion, denoting various similar plants.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.