One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant related to the snapdragon that is cultivated for its colorful, obliquely funnel-shaped flowers.
- ‘Petunias, snapdragons and nemesia are good annuals to add in the fall.’
- ‘In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.’
- ‘The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.’
- ‘Small-flowered plants such as asters, coral bells, nemesia, and yarrow are great fillers.’
- ‘Low, mounding chamomile and creeping thymes grow between the nemesias.’
Modern Latin, from Greek nemesion, denoting various similar plants.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.