A worm of the large phylum "Nematoda", such as a roundworm or threadworm.
- ‘By far most species of animals are insects, with groups such as mollusks and nematodes also being especially diverse.’
- ‘When ready to hitch a ride with an insect, however, a nematode rises up on the tip of its tail with its mouth in the air.’
- ‘He discovered microscopic animals such as nematodes and rotifers.’
- ‘Here we investigate the effects of a sexually transmitted nematode on male spermatophylax production.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.