Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A worm of the large phylum "Nematoda", such as a roundworm or threadworm.
- ‘He discovered microscopic animals such as nematodes and rotifers.’
- ‘Here we investigate the effects of a sexually transmitted nematode on male spermatophylax production.’
- ‘By far most species of animals are insects, with groups such as mollusks and nematodes also being especially diverse.’
- ‘When ready to hitch a ride with an insect, however, a nematode rises up on the tip of its tail with its mouth in the air.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.