One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used to kill nematode worms.
- ‘The use of chemical nematicides is environmentally undesirable and alternatives to nematicides are being sought.’
- ‘The objective of Phase One was to evaluate a group of insecticides, nematicides and biological products for safe use on a Poa annua putting green.’
- ‘We want to reduce our budget by reducing use of chemicals, nematicides and fertilizers.’
- ‘The granular nematicide, spread under banana trees to kill worms, for example, runs into rivers the minute it rains.’
- ‘The major categories of pesticides classified by target are fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, acaricides, molluscicides, nematicides, rodenticides, avicides, and antibiotics.’
- ‘Injection or incorporation into the soil, as in the case of nematicides, makes the pesticide most readily available for leaching.’
- ‘Only one nematicide (aldicarb, Temik 15G) appears to be economical for control of SCN under Ohio conditions, but it will likely be removed from the market.’
- ‘As a chemical control, other pots were sprayed with the nematicide ethoprop.’
- ‘While recommending crop rotation, they cautioned the farmers against indiscriminate spraying and injecting of pesticides, fungicides, nematicides and weedicides, which resulted in residual toxicity in the end product.’
- ‘Sequencing of the Ustilago genome marks the first major expansion of Exelixis' agricultural biotechnology program beyond chemical insecticides and nematicides.’
- ‘Second, it is difficult, but not impossible, to grow great roses without the use of chemical pesticides, such as insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides and acaracides (spiders).’
- ‘Pesticides are made up of agrochemicals and are usually classified according to their principal use as, for example, fungicides, bactericides, insecticides, nematicides, miticides, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.