Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person) naked.‘some of the oldest photos in existence are of nekkid women’
- ‘Beware the nekkid lady pictures lurking in the margins.’
- ‘I'm in a situation where I was required to get nekkid.’
- ‘I am gonna look at some nekkid pics now.’
- ‘What could be more enticing than a crowd of nekkid Austrian art fans?’
- ‘And now, look at me going on about the fully-clothed help in a place where there's nekkid ladies up on the stage.’
- ‘She had nekkid pics of herself kissing some other chick.’
- ‘But that's not the only fun way to get nekkid this summer.’
- ‘Pink sunglasses aside, she was buck nekkid.’
- ‘Did I really want to be nekkid, or close to it, in a national magazine?’
- ‘The photos of me nekkid are obviously photoshopped.’
- ‘But now, if I forget my mobile at home, I feel downright nekkid until I get it back in my hot little hands.’
- ‘Or maybe I'll just imagine what they look like nekkid.’
- ‘These middle-aged beauties get nekkid for the photos!’
- ‘I still need some nekkid pictures, though.’
- ‘Plus they have a drummer who likes to get nekkid.’
- ‘Also, note that his high moment in public life didn't involve pictures of nekkid women at all.’
- ‘Do you ever dream about being unexplainedly nekkid at work?’
- ‘Although it's possible to take a shower outside, it involves, y'know, being nekkid, and although that may be fine with you, sir, it may not be with everyone else.’
1970s: representing a regional or humorous pronunciation of naked.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.