Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who conducts negotiations.‘US trade negotiators’‘a hostage negotiator’
mediator, arbitrator, arbiter, moderator, go-between, middleman, intermediary, intercessor, interceder, intervener, conciliatorrepresentative, spokesperson, agent, broker, honest broker, ambassador, diplomat, peacemakerbargainer, haggler, wheeler-dealernegotiantView synonyms
- ‘Russia's fears are understandable but they might take some comfort that they are shared by the US negotiators.’
- ‘The negotiators would come up, attempt to talk this person into letting them go.’
- ‘The negotiators are there trying to talk him down from right alongside of him.’
- ‘Canadian negotiators have placed themselves firmly in the activist camp.’
- ‘On returning from service in 1946, he began work as an estate agent initially as a debt collector and then a negotiator.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.