One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who conducts negotiations.‘US trade negotiators’‘a hostage negotiator’
mediator, arbitrator, arbiter, moderator, go-between, middleman, intermediary, intercessor, interceder, intervener, conciliatorView synonyms
- ‘On returning from service in 1946, he began work as an estate agent initially as a debt collector and then a negotiator.’
- ‘Canadian negotiators have placed themselves firmly in the activist camp.’
- ‘Russia's fears are understandable but they might take some comfort that they are shared by the US negotiators.’
- ‘The negotiators are there trying to talk him down from right alongside of him.’
- ‘The negotiators would come up, attempt to talk this person into letting them go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.