A tropical Old World tree that yields mahoganylike timber, oil, medicinal products, and insecticide.Also called margosa
- ‘For instance, in the International Airport area, trees such as neem, tamarind, casuarina and ficus, which absorb sound extremely well, are recommended.’
- ‘You may find some help from a product containing neem, malathion or dormant oil.’
- ‘On one side was the semul tree, the branches of the chameli adorned the verandah, the kachnar and mango trees in front, an all-season lemon tree and of course, the neem.’
- ‘Set in Southern India in 1995, the book follows four characters whose lives are all linked through the neem - India's ‘miracle tree’.’
- ‘For oily skin, seek extra antibacterial protection with soaps containing neem, tea tree or other naturally purifying oils.’
Early 19th century: via Hindi from Sanskrit nimba.