One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The better it is, the more it reminds me of all that I said above, and the needlessness of it, which invariably fouls my mood for the morning.’
- ‘‘Sentimental theories about the needlessness of the Civil War,’ Schlesinger also warned, in a reference to the just dawning cold war, must not lull Americans into the view that ‘our own struggles against evil [are] equally needless.’’
- ‘Indeed, the lunatic profligacy of the enterprise - its needlessness, its expense in lives, money and reputation - was for them the best argument in its favor.’
- ‘Rushabh Sadiwala writes about the needlessness of religion’
- ‘And as Ebraun's buddies probably shared his views on the needlessness of her calling, she was going to feel very out of place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.