One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for needlepoint (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘In her book Armenian Needlelace and Embroidery, Alice Odian Kasparian states that in her opinion, Armenia was not only the original home of needlelace but of needle art in general.’
- ‘It is raised needlelace similar in method to the flat Youghal needlelace.’
- ‘You can also purchase all of those hard to find materials for needlelace and stumpwork as well as learning about both.’
- ‘She has been teaching both needlelace and stumpwork for many years and is a member of the Embroiderers' Guild.’
- ‘Top it off with a spray of sweet peas created in wired needlelace and you have a lovely stitched piece.’
- ‘The author, Kay Dennis has been teaching stumpwork and needlelace for several years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.