One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for pinwale
- ‘Braez had aged trousers with crease effects in needlecord and velvet and berry and mustard colours; Versace had them too in grey needlecord with a grey cord trench to match.’
- ‘One is made from brown needlecord, with wool felt ears and some chenille yarn for whiskers and a tail.’
- ‘It's an easy make - only tricky part is the seam attaching the two handles, flap and bag body in one pass - at one place there were 12 layers of fabric to sew through, it didn't bother the sewing machine, but keeping layers of needlecord in place took some doing.’
- ‘The Boden catalogue (www.boden.co.uk) has some loud party shirts or more modest floral needlecord and chambray versions for a beatnik 1960s look.’
- ‘A similar fate befell the Vulcan Senior with cotton seersucker, cotton sailcloth, and needlecord across the ribs.’
- ‘You'll love the easy wear softness of these needlecord jeans in any season, with their classic 5 pocket jeans styling.’
- ‘The 6000 series with nylon fibre inserts and the 2000 range has needlecord polypropylene inserts.’
- ‘The buttons are covered with the needlecord fabric.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.