Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A valve closed by a thin tapering part.
- ‘The Idle-Eze is a spring-loaded, needle valve and brass seat assembly located in a threaded hole in the center of the baseplate.’
- ‘This rate of pressurization was achieved by use of a pressure regulator set at 4 MPa admitting air to the pressure bomb via a needle valve.’
- ‘A needle valve is constructed with a minimum of dead space to allow the application of adhesives in deposits as small as 0.007 in. in diameter.’
- ‘In this case, you opened up the valve near the gas cylinder just a crack, and then opened up the needle valve near the balloon a lot.’
- ‘Chamber [CO 2] was maintained by supplying pure CO 2 from a compressed gas cylinder through a system that includes a pressure regulator, solenoid and needle valves, and a calibrated flow meter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.