One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Items worn around the neck, such as ties or scarves, collectively.
- ‘Glasses, hats, neckwear, hairstyles and wardrobes appear as attributes of character and identity.’
- ‘The neckwear suppliers mirror what is happening at retail, and that has more to do with color palettes and patterns than lengths or widths.’
- ‘A reaction began in the late 1960s, especially among evangelical Anglicans, who returned to lay neckwear, as had been the normal practice among clergy before the mid-l9th century.’
- ‘I am a fledgling neckwear designer, and I've finally gotten all my ducks in a row - great silk designers, a great subcontractor, and so on.’
- ‘The clerical collar is derived from an early 19th century form of lay neckwear.’
- ‘Sorry, but the cold weather has brought this tasteless neckwear onto the streets in enormous numbers.’
- ‘Accessories, like watches, belts and neckwear, add an extra dash of color.’
- ‘Horribly, inevitably, he is drawn to a bin of remaindered neckwear in grotesque paisley patterns - priced to move.’
- ‘According to Anthony Kenny, you can tell whether a philosophy of religion specialist is a believer or not by their neckwear.’
- ‘Same suit, same shirt every other day, different neckwear.’
- ‘Way back in 1993, Sanjay along with a friend, Jyoti Narula, left the banking sector to start out a neckwear business, something that turned out to be a hugely profitable venture.’
- ‘Neckties from Buffalo Bay are manufactured with 100% woven silks using a wet-dye printing method and are comparable to the finest neckwear available at the retail level.’
- ‘You will, however, learn to pick out fine-looking piece of neckwear from each basic style: contemporary, striped and solid.’
- ‘From striped to solid ties, we've got the neckwear that'll make the ladies want to form new ties with you.’
- ‘A fine, tasteful piece of neckwear enables a man to make a discreet fashion statement without feeling foolish.’
- ‘The Guild of British Tie Makers is this week celebrating the knotted history of this particular piece of neckwear by urging men to buy more of them.’
- ‘In one photo he makes the only unique neckwear statement with a light brown silk tie, which is a nontypical color palette.’
- ‘He seldom wears a tie, but the Aberdeen University graduate donned neckwear with his suit to meet MSPs in Edinburgh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.