Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A strip of material around the neck of a garment.
neckband, chokerView synonyms
- ‘They also feature a two-color ribbed neckband.’
- ‘Grafting the shoulders will be no problem, and then I've got the neckband and seaming… it's all going pretty quickly.’
- ‘Once cleaned, the garments are dried and pressed on special bucks used to shape neckbands, collars, pant legs, etc.’
- ‘So I resolved my knitting issues, hoping that my teacher doesn't notice that it is rather unlikely a head will fit through the neckband of my top.’
- ‘Made of 100% preshrunk cotton, this shirt features a crew neck with contrasting 3/4-length raglan sleeve and neckband.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.