One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strip of material around the neck of a garment.
- ‘Once cleaned, the garments are dried and pressed on special bucks used to shape neckbands, collars, pant legs, etc.’
- ‘Made of 100% preshrunk cotton, this shirt features a crew neck with contrasting 3/4-length raglan sleeve and neckband.’
- ‘Grafting the shoulders will be no problem, and then I've got the neckband and seaming… it's all going pretty quickly.’
- ‘They also feature a two-color ribbed neckband.’
- ‘So I resolved my knitting issues, hoping that my teacher doesn't notice that it is rather unlikely a head will fit through the neckband of my top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.