One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I argue that maximalism should be rejected and that once it is we only have reason to hold a restricted form of necessitarianism.’
- ‘This, the usual and most logical form of necessitarianism, is called the mechanical philosophy.’
- ‘Then in his responses to necessitarianism Leibniz can say that the necessitarianism he's avoiding is a logical necessitarianism.’
- ‘I argue that it was mainly by insisting upon the ontological implications of this concept of possibility that he came to form a concept of contingency that he considered sufficiently strong to counter Spinozist necessitarianism.’
- ‘The only argument I know of for truthmaker necessitarianism is that given by David Armstrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.