One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He's nebbishy, quietly romantic, and - as many of his songs suggest - dreaming of road trip getaways.’
- ‘His only allies are his nerdlinger best friends, nebbishy Neal and the unspeakably gawky Bill.’
- ‘But nebbishy Peter isn't what he seems to be either - he's actually a pencil pushing clerk at the airport.’
- ‘Carol is convinced that the nerdy, nebbishy suitor is just not right for her pal.’
- ‘She locks Mom, kids and family dog in a large steamer trunk and then prepares to seduce nebbishy Bob.’
- ‘‘I think my wife's a little weird, you know, because she's with me,’ the nebbishy, nasal-voiced director said.’
- ‘A nebbishy fellow with glasses stood up in one of the cubicles.’
- ‘This nifty little thriller opens with the arresting image of a nebbishy accountant being dangled over the side of a bridge.’
- ‘A nebbishy architect is inexplicably charged with designing the suicide barrier on the Bloor Viaduct.’
- ‘He's a short, nebbishy guy with a neat goatee and horn-rimmed glasses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.