One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The degree of your nearsightedness determines your focusing ability.’
- ‘The most common form of refractive error is nearsightedness; others include farsightedness and astigmatism.’
- ‘Myopia, or nearsightedness, occurs when two clear structures at the front of the eye - the cornea and the lens - focus incoming light at a point in front of the retina, instead of on its surface.’
- ‘This surgery is used to correct mild-to-moderate nearsightedness and has good results.’
- ‘Myopia, or nearsightedness, is another leading risk factor for retinal detachment.’
- ‘Some studies have also shown that progression of nearsightedness can be lessened by contact lens use.’
- ‘As the degree of nearsightedness increases, so does the complexity of the surgical treatment.’
- ‘Numerous tests have shown no relationship between computer use and cataracts, retinal damage, or permanent nearsightedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.