One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
at no time, not at any time, not ever, not once, on no occasionView synonyms
- ‘And as for the gifts, why, he'd ne'er had a notion’
- ‘You can sign up for a heck of a lot of legal status with your partner, or you can go and get yourself a religious blessing of your relationship, and ne'er the twain shall meet.’
- ‘She sighed and she swore that she ne'er would betray me,’
- ‘Players play, owners own, and ne'er the twain shall meet, so Jordan (nudge, nudge) gave up his stake, and (wink, wink) ceded control of playing affairs to satisfy the authorities' requirements.’
- ‘Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame, All their attempts to bend thee down Will but arouse thy generous flame; But work their woe, and thy renown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.